BIFA Freight Service Awards 2015 now open for entries
The British International Freight Association (BIFA) is seeking entries for its annual Freight Service Awards competition.
After 27 years, the competition is rightly seen as the leading awards scheme recognising the best in the UK freight forwarding industry.
Having entered into its second quarter century, its status is demonstrated by the fact that all of the category sponsors from last year have decided to support the Awards once again.
They are joined by two new sponsors supporting two new categories, which have been introduced following feedback from last year's event.
The Cool Award is open to providers of specialist refrigerated freight services. The Extra Mile Award is open to companies that can provide specific examples of innovation and/or customer care by adding value and exceeding customer expectations.
Entries for any of the categories can be made through the event’s website www.bifa.org/awards where details of the entry process and deadlines can also be found.
BIFA Director General, Robert Keen says: “The Awards represent an annual opportunity for UK forwarders to demonstrate excellence and are the ultimate recognition of special achievement in different sectors of the freight forwarding and logistics industry.”
The ceremony luncheon continues to be a key annual event on the industry calendar and, with around 500 attendees, represents a great opportunity for networking. This event will take place on Thursday 21 January 2016 at its traditional venue, the Porter Tun Room at the Brewery, London EC1.
Once again, the winner of the Young Freight Forwarder Award will receive a cheque for £1,000 and be nominated as the UK candidate for the Young International Freight Forwarder of the Year Award 2015.
This year, every Young Freight Forwarder candidate, who submits all their supporting documentation to BIFA by the deadline date, will also be entered into the Young Forwarder Prize Draw, where they will have the chance to win two economy tickets, with Virgin Atlantic, to New York.
The eleven categories of the BIFA Freight Service Awards 2015 are as follows:
- Project Forwarding Award – sponsored by Peter Lole & Co
- Specialist Services Award – sponsored by Forward Computers
- Staff Development Award – sponsored by Albacore Systems
- Supply Chain Management Award – sponsored by BoxTop Technologies
- Sustainable Logistics Award – sponsored by Red Recruit
- Air Cargo Services Award – sponsored by IAG Cargo
- European Logistics Award – sponsored by TT Club
- Ocean Services Award – sponsored by Cargoguide International
- Cool Award – sponsored by American Airlines Cargo
- Extra Mile Award – sponsored by Descartes
- Young Freight Forwarder Award – sponsored by Virgin Atlantic Cargo
BIFA’s Freight Service Awards 2015 are open to full, and probationary Members of the trade association for UK freight forwarding companies.
Further information about entering can be found on the BIFA Awards 2015 web pages at www.bifa.org/awards