Young Freight Forwarder (YFF) Award 2019
The information below explains the process to enter the Young Freight Forwarder category in the BIFA Freight Service Awards competition. An unlimited number of individuals from the same company may be put forward.
Entering the Young Freight Forwarder Award is simple
- Download the YFF Entry Form 2019 and complete your contact details.
- Write your YFF Article in the box provided on the entry form (maximum 750 words).
- Ask you manager to complete the Manager’s reference box (maximum 250 words).
- Save your completed entry form and email to email@example.com no later than 11am on Tuesday 8th October 2019 along with your CV.
Entry is completely free of charge.
Guidelines for Entries
In your article, you may wish to describe why you chose a career in freight forwarding, your progress within your company to date, your hopes and ideas for the future and perhaps details of a specific job or service provision where you exceeded expectations to get the job done.
- After the closing date, all entries will be reviewed at a preliminary judging meeting and a shortlist of four finalists will be drawn up.
- All entrants will be contacted during October to advise the outcome of the preliminary judging.
- Shortlisted entrants will be invited to a face-to-face interview with the Judging panel during which they will have to opportunity to discuss their career achievements to date and their ambitions for the future.
- The face-to-face interviews will take place in London (venue to be advised) in early November.
- The winner of the Young Freight Forwarder category will be announced at the BIFA Freight Service Awards 2019 Ceremony Luncheon on Thursday 16th January 2020.
- The decision of the judging panel is final.
- Entrants must be employed by a BIFA (full or probationary) Trading Member.
- Entrants must be under the age of 32 on 31st December 2019.
- There is no restriction on the number of individuals entering the Young Freight Forwarder category from a company.
- Young Freight Forwarder Finalists will be invited, as guests of BIFA, to the BIFA Freight Service Awards Ceremony luncheon on Thursday 16th January 2020. Additional tickets may be purchased at www.bifa.org/awards.
- Submissions will be treated in the strictest confidence by BIFA and the Judging panel. An outline of the winner will be published as Judges’ comments and the winner and finalists may be featured in BIFAlink during 2020.
The winner of the Young Freight Forwarder Award will receive
- A cheque for £1,000 to be presented at the Awards Ceremony (runners-up each receive a cheque for £250).
- A place on a BIFA training course of their choice.
- A free invitation to the 2020 Awards ceremony held in January 2021 (all ﬁnalists will receive a free invitation to the 2019 Awards ceremony to be held in January 2020).
- A full-page coverage in the Association’s monthly magazine, BIFAlink.
- Nomination as the UK candidate for the FIATA/ TT Club Young International Freight Forwarder of the Year Award 2020. If successful as the winner of the Europe Category of the competition, attendance is expected at the FIATA World Congress 2020 in Busan, Republic of Korea (South Korea).